And cue Snooker & Pool

0

We’re Bangor University’s snooker and pool club. Though we’re one of the smaller AU clubs, we have a solid base of long standing members who are all happy to play snooker or pool with anyone that fancies giving it a go. All abilities are welcome – missing the ball isn’t a problem, neither’s clearing the table in one visit – and don’t be put off if you don’t have a cue, we’ll be happy to help you out.
Our main session is on a Sunday at Bar Uno from 7pm till close. Though the tables aren’t great, they give us the opportunity to be a part of the university’s social core. We’re sponsored by Bar Uno and host some of our competitions there, with good prizes to be won.
Whereas Sundays are sociable, our Thursday sessions – 6pm till late at City Snooker – are geared towards tournament standard play. This emphasis has paid dividends recently, with one member going unbeaten in the team event at the BUCS pool event in Great Yarmouth, 2010. The club was equally proud to see a member win MVP at the Welsh Universities Championships in Cardiff last year. These events are great fun, and despite the ball-achingly long journey down to Great Yarmouth, always worth it.
We run semester long pool leagues, last year’s pot reaching £90. Up until recently, the snooker side of our club has been overshadowed by an attention to pool but in an effort to change this, we’ve devised snooker tournaments for the next year.
If you want to give pool or snooker a try but are worried that you aren’t good enough, don’t be. We’ve genuinely seen people who couldn’t hit the ball every time grow into capable pub hustlers. Similarly, if you’ve come from a competitive background and want to get involved with the club’s teams, come along and we’ll give you the chance to prove yourself.
Feel free to contact us via our facebook page: search Bangor University
Snooker and Pool Club or email: snooker@undeb.bangor.ac.uk

Share.

About Author

I'm a 21-year-old student in my final year of an English Literature degree. I'm currently the food and drink editor for the paper because of my passion for all things food related. Following on from an essay on George Orwell's portrayal of food, I'll soon be starting my dissertation on the use of food in literature set in 1920s Paris. Feel free to send me an email if there's a restaurant, café or bar in North Wales that you've particularly enjoyed and I'll be sure to check it out.

Leave a comment on this article