International Football’s worst team, American Samoa, recorded their first ever Fifa sanctioned win last with a 2-1 victory against neighbours Tonga. Like their 31-0 demolition by Australia in 2001’s record setting goal fest, American Samoa coach Thomas Rongen believes that this victory is going to be a part of football history. Having never scored a goal in World Cup qualifying, Ramin Ott and Kaneti Falela put that record to rest with two fantastic goals by way of a 40 yard strike a neatly taken lob. Although Tonga did create a scare with two minutes remaining, as Unaloto Faeo reduced the deficit with a headed goal, brave defending kept the score at 2-1 until the final whistle and American Samoa completed an incredibly unexpected victory. With over half the squad not attached to clubs, this is a victory that will be remembered by the players and fans for a long time to come.
- Interview: Lewis Thompson, VP Sport
- En Garde!
- BUWRU Still on Top
- Hidden Histories: With The Archaeology Society
- Beabadoobee Concert Review: Welcome to Beatopia
- Taylor Swift: Midnights Review – The Stories of 13 Sleepless Nights
- Claire Concert Review: Claire Cottrill in Concert!
- Is There Hope For Percy Jackson?