Recent tests conducted by a team of experts at the University of Bonn in Germany have discovered that drinking energy drinks that contain high caffeine levels can change the way your heart beats. The study focused on energy drinks that contained 32mg per 100ml of caffeine and 400mg per 100ml of another chemical, taurine. Most energy drinks in British supermarkets contain these chemicals at similar amounts. The tests show that an hour after drinking the test all of the participants hearts were beating much harder than before they drank the products. While recommendations are already in place against using energy drinks with a heart condition, be advised to not go overboard with your own consumption during the exam period as the long term heart damage from regular use of these products is still unknown.
- Interview: Lewis Thompson, VP Sport
- En Garde!
- BUWRU Still on Top
- Hidden Histories: With The Archaeology Society
- Beabadoobee Concert Review: Welcome to Beatopia
- Taylor Swift: Midnights Review – The Stories of 13 Sleepless Nights
- Claire Concert Review: Claire Cottrill in Concert!
- Is There Hope For Percy Jackson?