Bangor lecturers scoop awards

0

Two Bangor University lecturers have been presented with prestigious teaching awards.

Professor James Intriligator and Peggy James, both members of Bangor University’s College of Health & Behavioural Sciences, received National Teaching Fellows for excellence in Higher Education at an award ceremony, held on the 8th of October.

Professor Intriligator is a Professor of Innovation and Consumer Psychology, while Ms. Murphy is a Nurse Lecturer. Both are experienced in their fields, with Professor Intriligator being a pioneer in the field of consumer psychology, while Ms. Murphy is an experienced nurse, having worked in both the UK and Australia.

Both have commented on receiving the award. Professor Intriligator said: “I am very honoured to have received this award. I owe a great deal of thanks to my wonderful students over the past 10 years – their learning, engagement, and enjoyment makes it all worthwhile. And I’m grateful to Bangor University and, in particular, the School of Psychology, which has given me freedom and support – both of which are required for innovative teaching.”

Ms. Murphy said: “I am absolutely delighted to receive the National Teaching Fellowship. I have only recently begun to work at Bangor University and I have already been amazed by the support I have received from the School of Healthcare Sciences team. The School is a dynamic place to work and right from the start I have been included on a number of teaching and learning initiatives.

The award consisted of £10,000, and was given to just 55 higher education staff from across the United Kingdom. The awards added to Bangor University’s impressive track record, with the university now having received more awards than any other Welsh University.

Professor George Turnball, Bangor University’s Pro Vice-Chancellor, has commented on the awards, saying “It was a delight to attend the awards ceremony, and to see such wonderful lecturers rewarded for their efforts.”

Share.

About Author

Emily Houlston-Jones

News Editor 2014/15, 2013/14

Leave a comment on this article